Time Like Hannah's Monthly Breastfeeding Support Group
As an IBCLC, I understand that women are most likely to achieve their personal breastfeeding goals when they consistently receive support. "Time Like Hannah's" is a place where every woman can receive vitally important, mother-to-mother support from other nursing mothers and access an IBCLC with their breastfeeding questions.
The time a mother will share with her child in a breastfeeding relationship is precious. Hannah is a woman whose story has been recorded in the Bible. (It can be read in the book of 1 Samuel, Chapter 1.) She was the mother of Samuel. When I read her story (she was a breastfeeding mother), I envision how she must have treasured every day, week and month, with her son - knowing that he must leave her home as soon as he was weaned.
Although it is not known exactly how long Hannah nursed Samuel before she followed her promise to God and brought him to the temple priest, many Bible scholars agree that it was more than two years! For many different reasons, Hannah still remains a wonderful role model for all women today!
Moms are invited to bring their infant, siblings, family and/or friends, for a brief time of fellowship and support with other nursing mothers. Babies are welcome to eat anytime that they are hungry.
The topic of discussion varies every month, especially as mothers begin to ask their questions. Innovative and new products may also be showcased. Moms can share their personal experiences with other mothers. This is a wonderful opportunity for every nursing mom to access an IBCLC with their specific questions or concerns at no charge!
Plan now to join us at our next meeting!
1st Thursday of Every Month
Pending Requested Topics
(precise dates to be determined)
Parenting Skills for Behavioral Challenges
Acupressure & Acupuncture for Breastfeeding
10:00 - 11:00 am
Fellowship Hall, Rivergate Church
2608 E. Villa Maria Road
Rivergate is the church located
right beside Wee Little Me at
the corner of Villa Maria and Nash.
Enter church in the front. The Fellowship Hall is on the left-hand side immediately after entering the foyer.
Thank you so much for all you done for us through the support group! It has been a blessing to meet and talk to other breastfeeding moms. I've always looked forward to these meetings! I really appreciate your encouragement, knowledge, and generosity. I am going to miss this group after we move. Thank you for blessing me and this community!
~ Ms. JM (mother of MM)
(21) When the man Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the LORD and to fulfill his vow,
(22) Hannah did not go. She said to her husband, “After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the LORD, and he will live there always.”
(23) “Do what seems best to you,” Elkanah her husband told her. “Stay here until you have weaned him;...” So the woman stayed at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him.
(24) After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, ...and brought him to the house of the LORD at Shiloh.
(25) ...They brought the boy to Eli,
(26) and she said to him, “As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD.
(27) I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
(28) So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” And he worshiped the LORD there.
1 Samuel 1:21-28 (NIV)